DIY

House Plants in Jars…

April 3, 2011
Found a new little tropical plant yesterday… an Asparagus Furn… so I planted it this morning…  OMG… I just Googled the plant… apparently it can grow to 3-4 feet wide!?.  hmm… I wonder if being stuffed in this jar will stunt its growth?..
Can’t take out the camera without my little man showing up… check him out there in the background!.. He’s chilling out with me now on the couch…

The fuzzy ferns that I planted a few weeks ago are growing like crazy…

SaveSave

You Might Also Like

• Kelsie From Our Country Home April 3, 2011 at 7:12 pm

I love asparagus fern…Not sure about it being stunted in the jar, but it sure looks cute…great idea.

Blessings Kelsie

• Pearl Maple April 4, 2011 at 11:15 pm

Looks like you are having fun with the ferns, maybe they can grow big in the wild but they are sweet addition to your home while celebrating the change of seasons.

• poindextr April 5, 2011 at 1:17 am

Your kitty makes me laugh, what a sweetie pie. And your ferns are so pretty. The asparagus fern will get pretty big. It will let you know when that little jar is stressing it out too much. They’re thorny, so watch out!

• Lynn at Cottage and Creek April 5, 2011 at 2:22 am

I love your little fern in the jar. The color is so pretty. I can’t wait to get out and start digging in the dirt. Thanks for visiting me at Cottage and Creek. Your blog is great and I’m your newest follower! Can’t wait to read more!
    ~Lynn

• Andrea April 5, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Hi Lacey!
    Thanks for you comment on my blog, I really appreciate it, it is soo nice when someone leaves her opinion!!

And I found these bottled plants the cutest thing ever!
    I am from Brazil and we have lots of this beautiful fern there, a beautiful house pant indeed.
    cheers
    Andrea

• Karen the Savvy Suburbanite @ Goodbyecityhellosuburb April 6, 2011 at 4:35 am

I will try it but I will robably kill it… come link it up to my new party goobyecityhellosuburbs

• Lynn@ The Vintage Nest April 7, 2011 at 11:57 am

Yes, the others are right. That sweet fern in the adorable jar will get big. I love them because they have such a light and airy look to them and dry pretty in the fall too. I was thrilled to have you visit The Vintage Nest and hope to see you often. Happy Day to you. xo

• MessyMissy April 8, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Lovely!! The uses of mason jars are endless. Reminds me of a terrarium. Cool!!

• Laura Ingalls Gunn April 8, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I absolutely love your terrarium! Spring truly has sprung.

Have a wonderful weekend.

• Patricia Torres April 8, 2011 at 3:49 pm

oh my gosh.. this is so gorgeous.. Im going to have to try it too.. Your jar is very very pretty!! Its simply apt for this!! and thats what makes this gorgeous!!

• Decgal's Humble Abode April 8, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Love your ferns. I have two large asparagus ferns that I leave out all winter long. Each spring they don’t look so good but, I just trim off any old, dry branches and water. These ferns grow back fast and last until next winter comes. What ever you do don’t throw them away unless you are sure there dead. Enjoy your ferns. Decgal

• Courtney ~ French Country Cottage April 9, 2011 at 4:04 am

Hi there~ That little fern in the jar is darling but the scene stealer is your darling little kitty watching you- how sweet! Thanks for sharing at FNF! 🙂

• Miss Kitty April 9, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I have a love/hate thing with my asparagus fern…love the airy way it looks but hate how much it sheds. I am going to be on the lookout for a fuzzy fern like you have. Thanks for sharing!

• Kelley - a very JunqueyGal! April 9, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Love your fern! I may need to buy one and try my luck… and your guy, reminds me of daughter’s new kitten, Samson!

• Swiss Fun Holidays April 11, 2011 at 5:51 pm

just too good, the greenery touches the heart and gives a very cooling effect, just too beautiful!! i think i have started loving ferns after seeing your post 🙂

• joetterer April 12, 2011 at 5:58 pm

love this, so fresh & earthy

• Rad Sujanto January 21, 2012 at 11:57 am

omg I’m inspired by the second plant. I’m actually thinking of the same plant but not sure what jar/vase would be the most right for the plant. now I know! thanks!