If you follow Feathering My Nest on Instagram you know that a little while back that we renoed our half bath… Although it was a total spur of the moment thing, because we’d found the vanity we’d be eyeing at Home Depot on clearance, we had a look that we wanted to achieve in that space. So while the finishing touches are going into place right now I am taking a few moments to share some of our half bath inspiration pieces. Of course we’ve landed in a nautical realm… even though we’re landlocked between prairies and the Rocky Mountains our hearts belong to the sea…
Since moving into our house almost 9 years ago now the half bath had seen only one paint colour change and its faucet get updated… so the pedestal sink sink, oval mirror, towel bar, tp holder, and light fixture were all still the builder basics… Then this past winter we painted the house in Benjamin Moore’s Revere Pewter, including the bathroom… and then this past spring while tracking around Home Depot we spied the vanity that we’d been eyeing previously… and it was on clearance! Needless to say we scooped it up with the corresponding mirror and headed straight home to tear out the builder basic sink and mirror. After we pulled out the sink and mirror I looked at the towel bar and TP holder that were attached to the wall with planks of wood… they had to go too… and the Pickle was game to get rid. Then all of the half bath inspiration that had been rolling around in our heads came spilling out!… I can’t wait to share the full before and after with you all soon!
Now, it wouldn’t be very nice of me to share all of these half bath inspiration pieces and not share where to find them or similar pieces. Checkout the links below that correspond to the pieces if you need any information on any of the items and find out where you can scoop them up to feather your own nests.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
1. Progress Lighting Chrome Vanity Light… no joke… this bad boy arrived from amazon in two days!
2. Turkish Towels *swoon* I’ve been wanting to get some for awhile now and this half bath would be the perfect place to show them off
3. Bell Jar with Nautical Rope… it wouldn’t be a room in our house without a bell jar in it. I was lucky to find one at Ross, for a killer price, on a recent trip to the US!… but I’ve found a comparable on Amazon.
4. Whale Tail Hook… goodby ugly towel bar! Hello darling whale tail. I wanted a nautical look with being super wham bam nautical decor… just a few subtle nautical pieces…
5. White Storage Basket... our tiny nest needs all the storage help it can get. You can also find these usually at thrift stores so keep your eyes out and the spray paint handy!
6. Fancy Chrome TP Holder… I was able to track one of these down from HomeSense for $20. This link will bring you to a comparable that I found.
7. Peonies… My garden peonies are now done for the summer… but I want peonies in a jar to sit on the sink all year round so I hunted out a great artificial option.
What do you think of our half bath inspiration pieces? You feeling the subtle nautical vibe? Let me know in the comments below and stay tuned for the bathroom final reveal!… I even have an IKEA hack post coming, to share with you, that we did for our tiny half bath!
If you would like to receive these blog posts right to your inbox when they are published then pop your email address into the little subscribe box near the top of this page in the righthand column and hit submit! And be sure to checkout Feathering My Nest on Instagram and Facebook to see some behind the scenes action!