Homeschooling requires teamwork from the entire family. Making an environment conducive to online learning can prove to be challenging, but there are many ways to transform even the smallest of rooms into classroom replicas.
You do not need fancy equipment or furniture to make homeschooling fun and interactive for your kids. Just get creative and make sure they get involved in the process!
- Make sure you understand your children’s learning needs. Are they visual learners? Do they get easily distracted from clutter? Is kinesthetic learning more suitable for them? Ask yourself and observe your children more to make sure everything you put in the room can be utilized to its full potential.
- Make sure the workspace has everything a child needs in school like desks, bookshelves, and carts for organizing school supplies.
- Choose your decorative pieces as age-appropriate as possible. Educational charts, maps, chalk or whiteboards, and bulletin boards will do.
Things you can do with your kids:
- Use Cricut maker to cut shapes and characters that you will use to make clipboards.
- Create polka dot decals.
- Facilitate your children into making their own name tags and give them creative freedom.
- Establish a routine with them and paste it by the door.
- Establish homeschool rules with them and initiate a token system where they can be awarded for following those rules.